There is literally a world of opportunities in making the energy area your career choice. The challenge the world faces to ensure future energy supply without destroying the environment is monumental; meaning the demand for people with an energy qualification will be increasingly in demand for the foreseeable future.
There are opportunities right now within New Zealand and around the world for qualified people to help resolve a range of energy issues. Choosing Energy Studies at Otago gives you a chance to pursue a career with excellent future prospects that can also make a real difference to both the environment and people’s standard of living.
What Does a Career in Energy Involve?
A career in Energy can involve:
- Designing and implementing renewable energy supply solutions
- Renewable energy and energy-efficient technology research and development
- Identifying and implementing energy efficiency measures in industry
- Promoting energy efficiency and conservation within an organisation or community - for a company, central or local government or a NGO (non-governmental organisation)
- Advising on energy based matters - analysing or helping to formulate policy