Postural stability in people with Alzheimer’s Disease
Area of study
- Postural stability
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Professor Leigh Hale, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago (Primary Supervisor)
- Dr Meredith Perry, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago
- A/P Debra Waters, Associate Professor, Dept of Medicine/School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago
- Professor Keith Hill, Head of School, School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, Curtin University, Australia (Advisor)
- 2011 MSc (GeronRehabStud): Master Science of Gerontology and Rehabilitation Studies, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2007 BPhty (Hons): Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
Normala, M., Ayiesah, R., Nor Azlin, M.N., Zainura, A.K., and Aida, S.R. (2008) The effectiveness of pulmonary rehabilitation on perception of dyspnea and exercise tolerance among COPD patients. Symposium Sains Kesihatan Kebangsaan ke-7 (Sihat-2008), 18 June 2008, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2013-2016: Academic Training Scheme For Institutions Of Higher Education (SLAI), Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia
- 2011: Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2003-2007: Department of Public Service Scholarship, Malaysia
Why did you choose the School of Physiotherapy?
The School is committed to excellence in research and it provides a platform to expand knowledge and skills.
Best things so far about your study
I appreciate the support that comes from many people to help my study. Working with people from various backgrounds provides a challenge and makes the study more interesting.