Study of clinical theory and practice in a specific area of physiotherapy.
|Paper title||Advanced Studies in Physiotherapy|
|Points||30 points 30 points 30 points 30 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester, First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- Limited to
- MPhty, PGDipPhty
- This paper is restricted to health professionals.
Qualifications are restricted to physiotherapists.
- More information link
- View further information about the School of Physiotherapy
- Teaching staff
- Paper Co-ordinators: Dr
Margot Skinner and Dr
Supervisors available within the School of Physiotherapy
- Paper Structure
- An in-depth review and synthesis of the relevant literature is undertaken to produce written reports and a presentation regarding a specific area of physiotherapy agreed to between the supervisor and the student.
- Teaching Arrangements
- The paper is taught by distance with a supervisor from the School of Physiotherapy.
- No textbooks are required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking,
Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The paper's objectives are to
- Produce a coherent series of work (three pieces) that explores and expands upon the topic of interest
- Produce a succinct analysis and synthesis of the literature in written format
- Present an oral report of the findings