The Pacific Island Health Professional Students' Association (PIHPSA) is an independent student body that supports Pacific students, and encourages networking between students, staff, and working health professionals.
PIHPSA's activities include mentoring, advocacy, organising social events, sending students to conferences, cultural dances, and encouraging research.
PIHPSA's Friday lunch sessions provide the opportunity to meet and learn from other students, staff, and working health professionals.
PIHPSA is affiliated to the Otago University Students' Association and the Pasifika Medical Association.
- To provide mentoring and support for Pacific students studying health professional courses
- To help facilitate networking for our students with our future and existing health professionals
- To encourage Pacific culture and community
- To provide a forum where students can be informed of pacific health issues
- To help advise academic institutions on pacific curriculum and Pacific island recruitment and retention
- To promote health professions as careers in Pacific communities
PIHPSA is open to Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) and Otago School of Medical Sciences (OSMS) students, plus those enrolled in the Allied Health and Health Sciences professional programmes:
- Dental Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nursing (at Otago Polytechnic)
- Oral Health
- Radiation Therapy
Tel 64 3 479 8493
Pacific Island Health Professional Students' Association
PO Box 1436