|The Press Books & Authors Landfall Journals Kiwi Phonics|
|News & Reviews Author Information Orders|
Prospective Author Information
If you are considering sending us a proposal or manuscript, please note the following:
1. Your first step should be to browse our website to see if we publish the kind of book you want to write/have written. For example, at present we are not publishing new fiction other than poetry.
2. If you are sending a proposal, please include a synopsis (a brief chapter-by-chapter description), at least one sample chapter, and a covering letter describing your vision for the book: who it is for, who will buy it, what form it could take.
3. If you are sending a full manuscript, please include a covering letter as in Point 2 above, and a Contents page.
4. Assessments and acquisition decisions are made by an Editorial Board, and this process takes time. Promising manuscripts are also sent out to peer reviewers.
5. We would prefer that you not submit your proposal or manuscript simultaneously to multiple publishers. If you are intending to do so, however, please note this fact in your covering letter.
6. Your newly completed thesis is unlikely to be publishable as a book without substantial revision. For some tips on how to approach this, you might like to check out the following links:
Address for post: Manuscripts, Otago University Press, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand.
|^ Top of page | Feedback | Disclaimer | © Otago University Press|