|The Press Books & Authors Landfall Journals Kiwi Phonics|
|News & Reviews Author Information Orders|
Prospective Author Information
If you are considering contacting us with a proposal or manuscript, this is what you should do:
1. Browse our website to see if we publish the kind of book you want to write/have written. For example, you will find that at present we are not publishing new fiction other than in Landfall.
2. If you decide to approach us with a proposal, please send a synopsis (a chapter-by-chapter description), at least one sample chapter, and a covering letter describing your vision for the book: who it is for, who will buy it, what form it could take.
3. If you decide to send a full manuscript, please send it by post with a covering letter as in Point 2 above. Be aware that it will take some time to assess your manuscript as it will be read by more than one person.
4. We would prefer that you not submit your proposal or manuscript simultaneously to multiple publishers. If you are intending to do so, however, please note this fact in your covering letter.
5. Please note that your newly completed thesis is unlikely to be publishable as a book without substantial revision. For some tips on how to approach this, you might like to check out the following links:
Address for post: Manuscripts, Otago University Press, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand.
|^ Top of page | Feedback | Disclaimer | © Otago University Press|