Friday, 4 November 2016
It's that time of the year when you will all be thinking of moving off for a well-earned break.
But as you move out the burglars move in! So a few security tips for you to ponder:-
- Don't leave anything behind that can be easily moved and is of value.
- Ask family and friends to store your gear while you are away, or pay for storage.
- Photograph and record serial numbers of all your property - saves any future argument with your insurance company.
- Remember if your flat is unattended for weeks on end it may invalidate your insurance.
- Don't give the burglars any encouragement through poor security - they will happily take advantage of every opportunity you give them.
Have a great break and see you again next year.
Snr Constable John Woodhouse