Welcome to the University of Otago, a research-led University, with an international reputation for excellence. Every year the University Of Otago in Dunedin, becomes home to Australian students who want high quality, affordable education in a genuine student city.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are domestic students while studying in New Zealand.
Admission to Otago
Admission from Australia for 2013 (in PDF format)
How do I become an Otago Student
Admission to Second Year Programmes
Australian citizens and permanent residents pay the same fees as New Zealand citizens. However, they are not eligible to apply for the New Zealand Student Loan or Allowance unless they have been living in New Zealand for at least two years and are normally living in New Zealand.
Prospectus and guides are available for download
- 2013 Undergraduate Prospectus - Introduction (PDF format, 1.8MB)
- 2013 Undergraduate Prospectus - Subject Guide (PDF format, 2.4MB)
- 2013 Undergraduate Prospectus - Accommodation (PDF format, 1.2MB)
- 2013 Postgraduate Prospectus (PDF format, 2.3MB)
- University of Otago Parents' Guide (PDF format, 1.9MB)
- Guide to enrolment