Who would have thought leaving school and deciding what to do next would be so mind-boggling?
Whether you’ve got no idea, or you’ve been totally focused on a specific career since you were 6 years old, these pages give you an insight into the options available at Otago.
What do I need from school to get into university?
- Entrance requirements
- Entry pathways: Preferential and Competitive entry
- Recommended school subjects
What if I don’t have the appropriate academic background?
- Introductory Chemistry / Bridging Chemistry
- JumpSTART Physics
- Foundation Year / Bridging Course
- Tū Kahika
- Pacific Foundation Programme
What can I study at Otago?
Will my choice of study lead to a career?
Where will I live?
How can I visit the campus?
What will it cost me?
What social and recreational options are available to students?
- Otago University Students Association (OUSA)
- UniPol Recreation Centre and gym
- Student Job Search
- Clubs and Societies
- Māori Centre
- Pacific Islands Centre
- Student Services
Where can I get paper-based information?
- At school – contact your careers adviser
- Liaison Offices in Dunedin, Auckland and Wellington
- Otago Choice
- Phoning the Otago helpline 0800 80 80 98
Where can I get help?
- Liaison Officers in Dunedin, Auckland and Wellington
- University contacts or Divisional Course Advisers
- Ask Otago
- The Otago helpline 0800 80 80 98