University of Otago subscribes to Research Professional, an online database of research funding opportunities for research, travel, fellowships, conference attendance etc.
With Research Professional all University of Otago staff and students can:
- Customise and save funding opportunity searches
- Receive email alerts when your search has been updated
- Share searches, opportunities and news items with groups and colleagues
Using Research Professional allows access to:
- Information on thousands of funding opportunities for all disciplines to which New Zealand institutions are eligible to apply;
- Accurate, detailed and timely reporting of national and international funding opportunities;
- Customisable email alerts and calendars of funding opportunity deadlines.
- Helpful 2-3 minute YouTube videos explaining how to use Research Professional (links to videos).
- Benefits of customised saved searches and including regular email updates
Research Professional is fast and easy to use on campus as a guest from any UO computer. To save your funding opportunity searches, or to access Research Professional off campus, you will need to register for an account. Go to the Research Professional website and click the Register link (you need to register while on campus).
Visit the Research Professional website for more information and to search for funding opportunities.
If you need assistance using Research Professional the Subject Librarians are available to help with familiarising you with the tool, registering you and introducing you to its search functions.
If you need assistance or advice when considering any funding opportunity please contact your Research Advisor.
Research Professional does not replace Research News. Research News will continue to be published fortnightly providing information about the major upcoming funding rounds, internal deadlines, application processes etc.