The Postgraduate Certificate in Science Communication (PGCertSciComm) caters to a range of students - those with no prior experience in science communication who want an introduction to the discipline as well as those who are already professional science communicators and have a desire to fill a skills gap or increase their understanding of the science of science communication. The PGCertSciComm can be taken full-time in one semester or part-time over a longer period.
Students are required to take three of the six papers below. For full-time students, the degree can be completed in a single semester and allows the flexibility for the student to begin coursework at the start of either semester. Part-time students can spread their 60-credit degree requirements over the course of an academic year.
For further information regarding the Certificate option, or to discuss whether it is the right fit for you, contact our postgraduate coordinator:
Professor Nancy Longnecker
Tel: +64 3 479 7885
- SCOM402 The Craft of Storytelling (20 pts; Semester 1)
- SCOM409 Introduction to Science Communication (20 pts; Semester 1)
- SCOM413 Digital Production for Science Communication (20 pts; Semester 1)
- SCOM404 Science Communication Internship (20 pts; year-round availability)
- SCOM403 Science and Creative Non-Fiction Writing (20 pts; Semester 2)
- SCOM406 Science Exhibitions and Interpretation (20 pts; Semester 2)