The Division of Sciences is a collegial research and learning environment. Flat organisational structures allow the Division to be flexible, innovative and adaptive in a changing world.
- Divisional staff contact information
- Science departments and programmes
- Undergraduate science study
- Postgraduate science study
Information for Divisional Staff
The Division of Sciences held its inaugural Excellence Awards in November 2015, with a suite of awards acknowledging the excellent work done in many different areas of university life and work: Research, teaching, community engagement, technical and administrative support. The Awards are for general and academic staff, and they are presented annually in November at a formal dinner.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Sciences will call for nominations in September for the following categories:
- Researcher of the Year
- Early-Career Researcher of the Year
- Research Group of the Year
- Best Research Paper - academic staff
- Best Research Paper - postgraduate student
- Industry Links Award
- Community Engagement Award - academic staff
- Community Engagement Award - general staff
- Senior Teacher of the Year
- Early-Career Teacher of the Year
- Innovation in Māori or Pacific Islands Course Content
- Outstanding Technical Support Award
- Outstanding Administrative Support Award
- Outstanding Student Support Award - advising and mentoring
The Division of Sciences runs a Glassblowing Unit which comprises an on-campus workshop for the manufacture and supply of scientific and medical glassware for University departments and external clients.
The Glassblowing Unit is staffed by two scientific glassblowers each with 20+ years of experience.
You can learn more about what the Glassblowing Unit is capable of by following the link below or if you have specific enquiries you can email the Workshop Manager Anne Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research and Study Leave Information and Application Forms
- Guidelines to Conference Leave
- Conference Leave Application Form
For Sciences Leave enquires email: email@example.com