Rubbish Skip Dates
Rubbish collection in North Dunedin
In North Dunedin, Monday is the regular rubbish collection day. Dunedin City Council rubbish bags are available from supermarkets and must be used.
Kerbside recycling system
Blue recycling bins
Blue recycling bins take rinsed, unbroken glass bottles & jars. No other glass products, eg mirrors will be accepted.
Yellow-lidded wheelie bins
Yellow-lidded wheelie bins take paper, cardboard, rigid plastics (numbered 1-7) with lids removed, washed aluminum or steel cans.
Alternating collection days
The bins will be collected each fortnight alternating with the blue bins. Calendars on the wheelie-bins will let you which week to put out which bin.
More information about Dunedin City Council rubbish and recycling collection
Skips in North Dunedin
At the beginning and end of each academic year, as well as the last Friday of the month, skips are placed in locations around North Dunedin to collect larger rubbish that won't be collected in regular collections.
The dates for collections are included in the Student Diary.
- On Castle St near the corner of Castle and Dundas
- On Castle St near the corner of Castle and Duke (opposite the Gardies)
- On Leith St near the corner of Leith and Dundas
- On Leith St near the corner of Leith and Duke
- On Harbour Terrace (midway between Dundas and Union)
- In Clyde St opposite Unicol
- In Clyde St midway between Albany and Frederick
- In Leith St midway between Albany and Frederick
- In Ethel Benjamin Place
- Dundas St off Queen St between 5 & 6 Dundas St
- Between number 12 & 9 Albany St at the bottom of Queen St
Skip dates for 2013
Rubbish skips are out in North Dunedin on:
- Friday 8 February - bottle banks (Castle, Leith St South, Harbour Terrace) - recycle bin and plastic recycling
- Friday 15 February
- Saturday 16 February - DCC skips and Clean up day
- Friday 22 February & extra kerbside collection
- Friday 1 March
- ***Thursday 28 March***- note different day, as usual day is Good Friday holiday
- Friday 26 April
- Friday 31 May
- Friday 28 June
- Friday 5 July
- Friday 26 July
- Friday 30 August
- Friday 27 September
- Friday 25 October
- Saturday 26 October
- Friday 1 November
- Saturday 2 November - clean up day and skips
- Friday 8 November
- Saturday 9 November