Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt)Apply Now
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Christchurch campus in 2018
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Dunedin campus in 2018
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Wellington campus in 2018
The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) is a programme of study that draws equally on public health and business administration. Participants study public health papers covering health systems, policy, and health economics, plus a suite of recommended business papers.
Those most likely to benefit from the programme are health professionals moving into managerial roles, managers taking up positions in the health sector, and those in existing health management positions seeking both to advance their skills, and to enhance their understanding of the sector and their role within it.
The programme, aside from its academic and vocational relevance, also provides students with an opportunity to work with colleagues drawn from a range of health and management backgrounds.
- Health Management Brochure (PDF 2 MB)
- 2017 Prospectus Public Health Postgraduate Programmes (PDF 3 MB)
|Points required||120 points|
|Duration||1 year full-time |
2 years part-time
|Start date||February, April, July, September|
- Public health papers from the following schedule, to the value of 60 points:
- PUBH 713 Society Health and Health Promotion (15 points)
- PUBH 714 Public Policy and Health Systems (15 points)
- PUBH 735 The Economics of Health Policy Decision Making (15 points)
- PUBH 736 Economic Evaluation (15 points)
- PUBH 742 International Health Systems (15 points)
- PUBH 744 Healthy Public Policy (15 points)
- Plus approved papers from the schedule for the Master of Business Administration to the value of 60 points. Recommended topics include:
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting Control
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Management
When you’re ready, click the ‘Apply Now’ button in the top right hand corner of the webpage for the programme you wish to enrol in. This takes you to eVision where you will create your 'student portal'. Your eVision portal will be your one-stop shop for study-related information. Using eVision you can apply to study, access all important study-related information, examination results, and maintain your personal information. eVision is accessible anytime, anywhere using the internet and mobile devices.
Please note, with the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management, you are required to initally enrol with the University of Otago. Depending on which campus you choose to study, you may go on to enrol in another university to complete the selection of Master of Business administration papers. Please talk to the University of Otago administrator for guidance on this process, see contact details below.
- Information on the enrolment process (University of Otago)
- University of Otago fee information
- Victoria University of Wellington fee information
- University of Canterbury fee information
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt)