Specialised Bachelors' Degrees have their own specific entry requirements, a restricted choice of papers and each has its own subjects, structure and admission procedures.
Programmes considered Specialised Bachelors' Degrees are:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) (TESOL endorsement only)
- Bachelor of Education Studies (BEdSt)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLSc)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB)
- Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (BPhEd)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPhty)
- Bachelor of Radiation Therapy (BRT)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Surveying (BSurv)
- Bachelor of Teaching (BTchg)
Professional Health Science programmes
The professional Health Science degrees (BDS, BMLSc, MB ChB, BPharm, BPhty) normally require the Health Sciences First Year course. Admission to the second year of each of these degrees depends on your results in the first-year course. For details, see the entries for each and for Health Sciences First Year elsewhere on this website.
Do you need further information about enrolment at the University of Otago? See the Enrolment Frequently Asked Questions elsewhere on this website.