Formal application for admission to PhD study should be made online, via the PhD qualification page. Detailed information can be found on the PhD admission page.
- Upgrade Support Form (for staff) (in PDF format)
Changes During the PhD
The request for change of research details form can be found on this page. Changes to be made on this form include;
- change of topic
- changes of to supervisory arrangements, department or topic
- changes in enrolment status (eg: from full-time to part-time, or from part-time to full-time)
- change of supervising department or subject code
- off-campus request
- additional paper request
A request for deferral from research component is a seperate form and can be found on this page.
If you would like to request travel grant funding, please complete the following form:
Postgraduate Travel Procedure and Forms
(a resource to assist candidates receiving travel grant funding from the University)
- Student Supervisor Agreement (in MS Word format)
- Student Supervisor Agreement (in PDF format)
- Checklist for PhD Candidates and Their Primary Supervisors (in MS Word format)
- Guidelines for appointing external supervisors (for staff)
- Appointment form for external supervisors (for staff)
Postgraduate Publishing Bursaries
Postgraduate Publishing Bursaries are available to support candidates to complete papers arising from their research during the examination period. Eligibility conditions and regulations are appended to the application form.
- Frequently asked questions about Postgraduate Publishing Bursaries (in PDF format)
- Postgraduate Publishing Bursary (Doctoral) Application Form (including also the regulations)
- Postgraduate Publishing Bursary (Doctoral) Report Form
- Postgraduate Publishing Bursary (Doctoral) Regulations (in PDF format)
Nomination of examiners should now be completed through the eVision system.
- Thesis Submission Declaration form
- Author Declaration Form (for hardbound and electronic copies) (in PDF format)
- Oral Exam Briefing Report (for staff) (in PDF format)
- Procedure for Convening Doctoral Examinations (in PDF format)
Please note: in order to open and edit the editable PDF documents on this page, you need to have Adobe Reader on your computer.