|Number||up to two|
|Closing date||19 August|
Please note: this Scholarship is only available for application by those students who are currently enrolled and studying at the University of Otago at the time of application and not available to those who are intending to enrol at the University for study next year.
Established in 2015 by Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple Christchurch and the Buddha’s Light International Association (BLIA), an affiliate of Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Order, founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun in 1967. The scholarship was created to promote the values of Humanistic Buddhism through cultural development, education, charity and Buddhist practice and recognises students who show acts of compassion and service to others.
- be enrolled at the University of Otago for the year the scholarship is awarded
- be of good character and behaviour that would maintain good character and moral standing commensurate with the principles of the Buddha’s Light International Association, such as abstaining from consumption of drugs or alcohol
- have undertaken volunteer work in New Zealand in the year of applying for the scholarship
- be 25 years or younger in the year of the award
- Download The Buddha’s Light International Association South Island New Zealand Scholarship Regulations (PDF format, 159KB)
- Download The Buddha’s Light International Association South Island New Zealand Scholarship Application Form (PDF format, 263KB)
If you have any problems downloading these documents please email: email@example.com