Applications for the University’s main undergraduate entrance scholarships open on Tuesday, 30 June 2015. Applications close at midnight (NZDT) on Saturday, 15 August 2015.
These scholarships are for students who have not previously been admitted to the University of Otago and who are planning to undertake undergraduate study in 2016. Other scholarships for new undergraduate students can be viewed elsewhere on this website.
- Guide to Application
- Supplementary Forms
- Regulations for Available Scholarships
- Further Information
Guide to Application (read this first!)
We try to make the application process as simple as possible, but it can seem like a complex undertaking. To assist, we have created a downloadable Guide to Application. We strongly recommend you read this before applying!
Application can be made from early July and should take and should take approximately 5 to 10 minutes (assuming you have prepared necessary documents in advance, as detailed in the Guide to application above). Please note that you will be required to go through the first stages of enrolment at the University to access the scholarship application process. If you experience any problems applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
When you apply you will also need to complete at least one of the following forms. Required forms should be scanned in PDF format (preferred) or provided as a clear JPEG file and uploaded as part of your online application (each file must be less than 1 MB). If you experience any difficulties with this, please contact us at email@example.com
- Income and Asset Declaration Form. Required for the Alumni Appeal and/or Alumni Disability Support Scholarships, and or R & E Seelye Trust Academic Excellence Scholarship. Please note: This form must be legible and hand-signed.
- Referee Information Sheet. You can provide this information to people who you may wish to approach about acting as your referees.
Regulations for Available Scholarships
It is required that you read the regulations for each of the scholarships you are considering applying for prior to making an application (see below). See the Guide To Applying (currently being updated) for more details.
- University of Otago New Frontiers Scholarship. Scholarship to recognise academic excellence in secondary school study.
- University of Otago Academic Excellence Scholarship. Scholarships awarded on the basis of academic excellence and leadership.
- University of Otago Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship. Scholarships awarded on the basis of leadership and academic performance.
- University of Otago Māori and Pacific Peoples' Scholarship. Scholarships awarded on the basis of academic ability and community involvement.
- University of Otago Performance Scholarships (including the University of Otago Callis Trust Performance Scholarship). Scholarships awarded on the basis of elite level performance in a sporting or cultural activity and academic performance.
- University of Otago Alumni and friends.
- University of Otago Alumni Appeal Scholarships. Scholarships awarded for students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show significant financial need
- University of Otago Alumni Appeal Law Scholarship. Scholarships awarded for Law students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show significant financial need.
- R & E Seelye Trust Academic Excellence Scholarship. Scholarships awarded for students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show significant financial need
- University of Otago Donna-Rose McKay Disability Support Scholarships. Scholarships awarded on the basis of academic performance and financial need arising from disability.
Information on other scholarships for first year study at Otago, including scholarships relating to specific subject areas, is available elsewhere on this website.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone +64 3 479 4132.