The application process
- You check your eligibility for the programme
- You apply to to take part in the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme
- You attend a 15 minute interview
- You are allocated a place at one of your preferred institutions
- You seek formal approval from appropriate Department(s) and Division(s)
- Application information specific to your host institution is sent to you
- You complete and return required documents to your Otago Exchange Adviser
- Your formal acceptance documents arrive and you apply for your student visa
- Your exchange semester starts
- The transcript from your host institution arrives and your Otago credits are processed
When to apply
- There is one apply by date per semester. We encourage students to apply by the due date where possible.
- From then on applications will be accepted on a first in first served basis for institutions that read “YES – for semester…” on our list of exchange partners.
Key application dates
|Otago’s semester||Apply by||Later applications accepted until|
|S2 2018||NOW||31 March 2018|
|S1 2019 (*)||23 April 2018||30 September 2018|
- (*) Students applying to the following institutions in Canada are encouraged to submit their applications from 01 October 2017 to 01 February 2018: University of British Columbia, University of Toronto and Western University.
- Places will be allocated on a first in, first served basis.
- Students may apply after 01 February 2018 provided places are still available and there is course flexibility while on exchange.
How to apply
- Log on to eVision
- Go to ‘Programme and Papers’
- 'Apply for Global Exchange' listing five exchange institutions in order of preference (you may make changes to this list at the time of your interview).
- If applying for a full academic year you will need to put in two applications.
- No need to upload any additional document - unless you want to.
- An Exchange Adviser will contact you after the 'apply by' date and invite you for an interview.
Before submitting your application
- Attend a Otago Global information session
- Plan to Go on Exchange
- Choose institutions from the list of approved partners for your Division (where applicable).
- Identify your destinations of choice in order of preference and be prepared to attend any of them.
- Ensure courses you need to take are offered in English (if applicable) and in the semester you will be on exchange.
Contact an Exchange Adviser if you have any questions