Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated October, 2016
You may choose classes from a variety of departments or concentrate in just one or two areas.
- Classes in Music are extremely limited, and you may not be admitted to classes within the Music Department even if you have secured academic entry to the University of Bristol.
- Law and Science classes run for an entire year i.e. they are not semesterised and it is not possible to enrol in any of these courses for just one semester.
- Academic Year: September - June
- Fall semester: September- January
- Spring Semester: January -June
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
- One semester's work is 60 Bristol credit points and students are expected to take a full load. Margins of 55 to 65 are considered acceptable.
- A full year's work is 120 Bristol credit points and all students are expected to take a full load.
Accommodation options range from self-catered student houses in Clifton (near the University) to large catered halls of residence in Stoke Bishop (35 minutes walk across open parkland).There is also the opportunity to find accommodation on the private rental market after you arrive in Bristol-costs for different accommodation options vary.
Estimated Cost of Living
Student Visa and Insurance
Information on Student Visas and Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2017 S1 BAppSci MFCO CLTE MC
- 2016 S2 BA FILM HIST JK
- 2016 S2 BA POL CC
- 2016 S1 BA ANTH TS
- 2014 S2 BSc PSYC SR
The University of Bristol is firmly established as one of the premier universities in the United Kingdom, and has a world-wide reputation for its academic achievement and research. Bristol consistently rates in the top 10 out of nearly a hundred universities in Britain and for British students it is one of the most difficult universities to gain entry to.
The City and Region
Bristol grew up around a harbour on the river Avon and is one of the most attractive large cities in England. It was founded 1000 years ago and quickly became the second city of England, a major teaching centre and an important port. Today, Bristol is a modern thriving city-effectively the capital of the West Country. It has a population of 500,000 and is situated 120 miles west of London. The city is a rich mixture of buildings of all ages and is surrounded by leafy suburbs. The city's extensive docks now serve as a focus for cultural and leisure activities, including cinemas, shops and art galleries. The city also has a lively arts scene including drama, music, ballet and opera, film and galleries and also a wide selection of cafes and restaurants offering culinary delights from around the world.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email email@example.com