Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at email@example.com.
Last updated August, 2016
Richmond offers 108 majors, minors and concentrations for undergraduates, as well as a number of challenging graduate and continuing education programs.
- Arts and Sciences
- Robins School of Business
- Restricted programmes for exchange students: Course numbers ending in "U".
- Academic Year: August - May
- Fall Term: August - December
- Winter Term: January - May
- Academic Calendar
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
- Minimum Course Load:3.5 units
- Students are encouraged to take no more than 4 courses per term.
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
Approximately 92% of undergraduates live on campus. Exchange students are not permitted to live off-campus.
Estimated Cost of Living
2016-2017 estimated cost of living per semester: USD $8,873 (includes insurance, meals, accommodation, text books and approximate living expenses).
Student Visa and Insurance
Information on Student Visas and Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2015 S2 BCom FINC TG (632K PDF format)
- 2015 S2 BSc BTNY KM (496K PDF format)
- 2014 FY BA PHPE SH (591K PDF format)
- 2014 S2 BSc PHSL MB (332K PDF format)
- 2014 S1 BA ARTH SW (485K PDF format)
- 2014 S1 BSc PSYC SS (1032K PDF format)
- 2013 FY BA PSYC RP (298K PDF format)
The University, City and Region
The University of Richmond is a private, predominantly undergraduate university located in Richmond, Virginia, spread over 350 acres in a beautiful suburban setting. The campus is only six miles from vibrant downtown Richmond, the capital of Virginia, and is two hours from Washington, D.C., the Blue Ridge Mountains and Virginia's beaches. The university is home to approximately 2900 undergraduate students, 700 graduate and law students and 350 full time faculty members. Ninety-eight percent of faculty members hold a Ph.D. or other terminal degree. Eight percent of all undergraduate students are international and fifty eight percent of University of Richmond students study abroad before they graduate. There are over 275 student clubs and organizations and over two-thirds of University of Richmond students participate in volunteerism or community service each year.
- Learn more about the University of Richmond
- Virtual tour of the University
- Slideshow of photos of the University of Richmond
The City of Richmond and Region
Richmond, capital of Virginia (VA) state, is a large independent city dating back to 1607. With many boulevards lined with trees, historic sites and an antebellum southern charm, Richmond is bisected by the James River, offering a scenic walking trail. Richmond is home to the 200-year-old Virginia State Capitol building, one of Richmond's most prominent landmarks, together with many other notable structures, such as the Tredagar Iron Works, which is now an important visitor centre. Located in the centre of Virginia, the city of Richmond is well placed for exploration and excursions.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org