As announced by the Vice-Chancellor on 14 July 2017, the Support Services Review (SSR) Steering Group has thoroughly considered the business case presented to them by the SSR project team. The business case contains proposals that would affect the operational and administrative tasks undertaken by staff across the University.
The business case document has been updated to include the Steering Group’s responses, and this updated document is available for staff consideration.
As the information contained in the business case and related documents is confidential, staff should use these solely for their own consideration and should not distribute these documents further.
University of Otago staff can view a recording of the Vice-Chancellor’s forum, the business case and related documents in OURDrive using their registry\staff username (e.g. registry\samsa07p) and their staff password. Please note that Firefox users on Mac operating systems should not include 'registry\' as part of their username.
- SSR Business Case
- SSR Business Case – Overview
- SSR Business Case – Appendices
- Vice-Chancellor’s forum - video recording - 14 July 2017 (mp4)
- Vice-Chancellor's forum - presentation slides - 14 July 2017
The Steering Group is now genuinely seeking feedback on the business case, and invites staff to provide this using the online submission form. We are interested in hearing your opinion on aspects of the proposal that will work well and those areas where further consideration is required. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that all submissions will be given thorough consideration.
What you need to know about making a submission
- The closing date for submissions is 5pm, Friday 25 August 2017.
- All submissions need to be accompanied by the submitter’s name and a valid email address. If a name and valid email address are not supplied, the submission will not be considered.
- If you would like to provide feedback on something other than the business case, please use the ‘Have your say’ form.
- If you have any questions about your submission or the submission process please contact Carolyn King, Change Manager, 03 479 3034 firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens to submissions
The SSR Steering Group and a panel of professional and academic staff will review all submissions. The panel will summarise key themes and identify items for consideration by the project team, and for final approval by the Steering Group.
The Steering Group will provide an update to staff at the end of this consultation period about the submissions received and any subsequent changes to the proposed options within the business case.