Apply for the Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons))Apply Now
At Otago a BA(Hons) degree involves:
- An additional (4th) year of study at 400-level
- Greater immersion in the major subject(s) at 200- and 300-level
Students generally apply for admission to the Honours programme in their second or third year. However, it is also possible to enter the programme at 400-level.
- To be eligible for admission to the Honours programme in Theatre Studies at 200-level, students need to achieve a B average in papers to the value of at least 126 points at 100-level, including at least 36 points in Theatre Studies.
- Students entering the Honours programme at 300-level must normally have completed at least 252 points of their degree, and should have an average of at least B over papers worth 90 points at 200-level, including THEA papers.
- Students entering the programme at 400-level need to have a grade average of at least B+ over 72 points at 300-level. Students should have completed at least 360 points (the requirements for the BA).
Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons)) in Theatre Studies
Further information about the Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons)) at Otago is available elsewhere on the University website.