Application checklist for Kiwis and Permanent Residents
We encourage you to apply early to secure a place in the programme.
Applications should include the following information:
- Completed application form
- Full transcript of NCEA (or include your NCEA number on the application form) or other relevant academic results
- Cover letter (please write two or three paragraphs explaining why you would be a good candidate for the programme)
- Reference letter (a character reference from a teacher, sports coach or anyone in a position of authority)
- Evidence of New Zealand citizenship (copy of your passport, PR visa, birth certificate or other official identification)
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within five days. Late applications will be considered. It is important to note that there is no Health Science course in Term 3 Foundation Year.
If you are a Māori student and are interested in pursuing studies in the Health Science fields, please visit the following website for information about study assistance.
POPO Pacific Foundation Scholarship Programme
If you are a Pacific Island student and are interested in pursuing studies in the Health Science fields, please visit the following page for information about study assistance.
All students applying for StudyLink funding should ensure they have sufficient funds for at least one month's living expenses as it may take a few weeks for funding to be secured.
Students who are having problems with StudyLink should make an appointment to see StudyLink in Dunedin (Cnr of Castle and St Andrew streets) in person, or by calling 0800 88 99 00. For more information visit the StudyLink website.
Download steps for StudyLink applicants and frequently asked questions:
If you have any questions regarding your future studies or your application, please contact our Dean's Office:
Senior Academic Dean of Students
University of Otago Language Centre and Foundation Year
Tel 64 3 479 5717