These resources are for staff who are writing, editing or reviewing content on University websites. Use this page if you need guidance on web writing, grammar and style, or how to optimise your site for search engines.
Writing and style guides for University of Otago websites
- How to write for the web
- Web style guide
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) guide
- The Sample Site is a dedicated site for anyone involved with the creation and upkeep of a University of Otago website. It covers the must-haves, improving the user journey and web best practice.
Content management system (CMS) resources
- Skip the "control + shift + F5" step
- CMS editors toolkit website
- Functionality available for your CMS website
Information Technology Services (ITS) run training courses to assist web writers, editors and reviewers working in the University's CMS:
(NOTE: These courses are run externally to Web Services and may incur a charge).