The ARCH Group (Applied Research on Communication in Health) studies all aspects of communication in health care.
The Centre for Translational Physiology is a central facility at the University of Otago, Wellington, designed to forge world-class research programmes that will accelerate the transfer of clinically-relevant scientific knowledge.
The Department of Public Health carries out a range of research on critical public health issues that include cancer and screening, healthy eating, health services research and prioritisation, housing, sustainability and the environment, inequalities, infectious diseases, Māori health and tobacco.
- Burden of Disease Epidemiology, Equity and Cost-Effectiveness Programme (BODE³)
- Cancer and Chronic Conditions (C3) Research Group
- Health Environment and Infection Research Unit (HEIRU)
- Health Promotion and Policy Research Unit (HePPRU)
- Health Inequalities Research Programme (HIRP)
- He Kainga Oranga/Housing and Health Research Programme
- New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities
- Te Rōpū Rangahau Hauora A Eru Pōmare (Eru Pōmare Māori Health Research Centre)
The Rehabilitation Teaching and Research Unit (RTRU) offers programmes at Certificate, Diploma, Masters and PhD level.
Contributes to knowledge, policy and services by conducting high quality research in the areas of mental health, mental illness and suicide prevention
The Wellington Asthma Research Group is a multidisciplinary team of researchers based in the Department of Medicine at the University of Otago, Wellington.
The Wellington Cardiovascular Research Group undertakes basic science projects, translational research and clinical research into ischaemic heart disease, heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia.
The Epilepsy Research Group was established in 2007 and conducts clinical and genetic research into epilepsy in New Zealand.
The Wellington Medical Technology Group is a multi-dicplinary research team developing clinical decision support technologies (software) and point of care medical devices (hardware).
WellSleep Sleep Investigation Centre provides diagnosis and treatment for a variety of sleep disorders.