Enrolment information for the Occupational and Aviation Medicine programmmes
Dates for Enrolment
Enrolment takes place in November and December for the following academic year and June for mid-year enrolment. The actual administration of the Enrolment process is managed by the University of Otago Registry in Dunedin.
Before you enrol you should discuss your intended programme of study with the Programme Manager and return the pre-registration by email to OAMU@otago.ac.nz.
Download the Aviation Medicine Pre-Registration Form
STEP 2: Apply
• Returning students
• visit Otago homepage, current students, eVision, log in, add qualification
• New students
• Create an eVision account by either:
- Following the steps in this video
- Use the ‘direct links’ at the bottom of this page
• Once username and password has been created, enter eVision
• Complete all the steps of application
• Get green ticks in all the areas
• Agree to the terms and conditions
• Submit application
STEP 3: Pick your papers
• Log in to your eVision Portal
• Go to ‘tasks’ area
• Click on ‘pick your papers’
• You will be invoiced for all papers you are enrolled in at the start of the year, so you may want to enrol in one paper at a time.
Step 4: Being approved / accepted
• Check your email to accept your offer
• A course approval letter will be posted to you
• Sign and return the course approval letter by post
• The University needs additional documents for your admission.
• Have these ready for when you log in, in a single PDF file.
• Post or courier a certified copy of your proof of identity
• Check your email often
• The international office many contact you for further documents
• The international office may email you to complete an Educational Credentials Evaluation (ECE).
• ECEs can take a couple of months to obtain, so start early
Important – forward your email! All university communication will be through your Otago email address. Be sure to set up a forwarding function on your Otago student email address to be forward to your personal email.
Aviation Medicine qualifications
Occupational Medicine qualifications
Postgraduate Certificate in Occupational Medicine (PGCertOccMed)
Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine (PGDipOccMed)
Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport qualifications
Fees are paid per paper and we recommend that to spread payment you enrol for one semester at a time. Information on fees can be found here.
Your fees cover all course materials and tuition. The only extra cost is to attend our annual residential school.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer scholarships for the programme, however details of possible scholarship opportunities can be found here.
Some useful links
You may also find the following links useful:
- Further information on the Enrolment process.
- Studying at Otago
- Distance Learning - information about distance learning at the University of Otago.
- International Students - information and general requirements for admission to Postgraduate courses at the University of Otago for international students.