Qualitative and quantitative research, designing research projects, ethical issues, survey methods, quantitative data analysis, statistics, types of data, data presentation, critical appraisal, research frameworks, comparison of methodologies.
|Paper title||Research Methods|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- AVMX 785
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipAeroRT, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed, MPHC, MTravMed, MGP
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation
Enrolments for this paper are limited, and it requires departmental permission. View more information about limitations of enrolment.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Julie Myers
- Paper Structure
- Part of the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed); Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealSc(OccMed)); Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (MHealSc(AeroRT)); Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed)) programmes.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught each year in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Introduction to Research
- Research Tools of the Trade
- Literature Searching and Introduction to Critical Appraisal
- Critical Appraisal
- Research Design
- An Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Statistics and Research Analysis: Part I Introduction and Overview
- Statistics and Research Analysis: Part II Data, Variables and Analysis
- Designing and Reporting on Research Projects