Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech) is designed as a further qualification for students who have completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Technology (PGCertMedTech). The diploma is available with endorsements in Cardiology and Sleep Medicine.
Information for new applicants
Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology, Cardiology (Distance Learning)
This Postgraduate Diploma extends the Postgraduate Certificate for those working in cardiology, with a focus on cardiac arrhythmia, heart failure and ischemic heart disease, and the key tools used in the diagnosis and management of these conditions.
It is compulsory that students complete the Medical Technology Certificate before enrolling in the Diploma. Students must also be employed as a Cardiac Technologist.
Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology, Sleep Medicine (Distance Learning)
This Postgraduate Diploma is an extension of the Postgraduate Certificate for those working as Technologists in Sleep Medicine.
It is compulsory that students complete the Medical Technology Certificate before enrolling in the Diploma. Students must also be working as a Technologist in Sleep Medicine.
Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia
Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech)
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences).
- Every applicant shall
- be a graduate or possess an appropriate health professional qualification requiring at least three years’ tertiary level study;
- have experience of or be currently working in a field of health care relevant to the endorsed option;
- present evidence of ability for advanced level academic study.
Structure of the Programme
- The programme of study shall consist of approved papers, to the value of 120 points, which must be as specified in the schedule of endorsed options.
- A candidate who has completed the requirements for the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Technology shall be exempted from those papers in the programme for the diploma which have been previously passed for the certificate.
Duration of the Programme
- A candidate for the diploma shall normally follow a programme of study for two years of part-time study.
- A candidate shall complete the requirements for the diploma within four years of admission to the programme.
Level of Award of the Diploma
The diploma may be awarded with distinction or with credit.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) may in exceptional circumstances approve a course of study which does not comply with these regulations.