Accommodation options for Pathway | Te Huarahi students
- If you are intending to enrol in the Pathway | Te Huarahi programme and start your course in February, you may apply for accommodation at Salmond College. Places are limited and may be made from 1 August and close on 30 September the previous year.
- Students applying for Tū Kahika or the POPO Foundation Scholarship Programme may select Arana College and Studholme College. Once your scholarship has been confirmed, you will then receive an offer of accommodation from the Residential College. This will normally be around November.
- Applications for semester 2 may be made from 1 April. Accommodation is from July to mid-November.
- If there are vacancies at University Flats in semester 2, Pathway | Te Huarahi students may apply for accommodation from 1 April. Accommodation is available from July to mid-December.
- You will be living in a University Managed Flat and in mid/late December may be moved to another residence for the summer period. University Flats staff will assist with your move.
- Students share cleaning and cooking duties. Flatting expenses are shared with the other students in the flat and are not included in the rent.
- University Flats is committed to helping residents achieve academic success and personal growth. You will receive pastoral care and good property management. This provides an independent and enjoyable lifestyle.
How to apply
Apply for Residential Colleges or University Flats through Te Puna student accommodation portal:
Accommodation options for Pathway and Language Centre students
Homestay is an option that allows students to concentrate on their studies while also offering them the opportunity to join in a family lifestyle if they wish. It is available to students enrolled with the Language Centre or in the Pathway | Te Huarahi programme. Students are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Sunday. The student's bedroom is private and is furnished with a study desk, heater and bedroom furniture. Students are given a key to the host's home, so you can be as independent as you wish.
All homes are of a very high standard so you can feel secure knowing that you will be entering a safe, relaxed home environment. Homestay – your home away from home!