BSc PGDip Econ MBA (Sri Lanka) MSc PhD (Japan)
Sriyalatha Kumarasinghe joined the staff at the Department in 2007. She has been teaching for more than 18 years, first at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura in Sri Lanka, thereafter at the University of Tsukuba, Japan where she was a graduate researcher. She completed her PhD in Performance Management at Aichi University, Japan in 2012. She also worked in the private sector as an executive director before joining the University of Otago.
- Convenor ACCT307
- Japanese management and management accounting
- Organisational behaviour and performance management
- Entry mode strategies and performance of multinational enterprises
- Business ethics, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility
- Euro-Asia management Studies Association (EAMSA)
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- International Association for Asian Heritage (IAAH)
Perera, K., Kuruppuarachchi, D., Kumarasinghe, S., & Suleman, M. T. (2023). The impact of carbon disclosure and carbon emissions intensity on firms' idiosyncratic volatility. Energy Economics, 107053. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.eneco.2023.107053
Yu, X., Kuruppuarachchi, D., & Kumarasinghe, S. (2023). Financial development, FDI, and CO2 emissions: Does carbon pricing matter? Applied Economics. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1080/00036846.2023.2203460
Jayasiri, N. K., Kumarasinghe, S., & Pandey, R. (2023). 12 years of integrated reporting: A review of research. Accounting & Finance, 63, 2187-2243. doi: 10.1111/acfi.12958
Kariyawasam, D., Kumarasinghe, S., Whiting, R., & Ranasinghe, D. (2022). Waste management and management control systems: A structured literature review. Proceedings of the Accounting & Finance Association of Australia & New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference. [Abstract]
Perera, K., Kuruppuarachchi, D., Kumarasinghe, S., & Suleman, T. (2022, April). Idiosyncratic volatility puzzle: A climate risk explanation. Verbal presentation at the Financial Markets & Corporate Governance (FMCG) Conference, [Hybrid].