Finance is a decision-oriented discipline that is complex, challenging and dynamic.
It is about managing money and capital expenditures in the real world—making practical financial decisions that can lead to loss or gain.
Finance at Otago covers four main areas:
- Portfolio theory and investments
- Corporate financial management
- International finance
How can I study Finance?
Otago offers a range of Finance study choices at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, providing interesting and challenging study opportunities for students.
Undergraduate study in Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
Postgraduate study in Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce with Hons (BCom(Hons)
- Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom)
- Master of Finance (MFinc)
- Master of Accounting and Finance (MAccFin)
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Minor in Finance
If you have any questions about studying finance, we can help with your study plans.