A foundation in accounting analytics with an emphasis on data preparation, visualisation and analysis using common data analytics tools such as Excel, Power BI and SPSS.
|Paper title||Special Topic: Introduction to Accounting Analytics|
|Subject||Accountancy and Finance|
|Teaching period(s)||Summer School
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$872.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,405.05|
- ACCT 102 and BSNS 112
- Schedule C
- Students who do not meet the pre-requisites should contact the department to discuss eligibility if they have BSNS115 AND (BSNS112 or STATS110 or STAT115 or INFO130).
- Teaching staff
- Course outline
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Critical thinking, Information literacy, Independent learning, Specialist Business Knowledge, Written Communication, Oral Communication, Team work
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to:
- Develop an accounting analytic mind-set
- Extract, transform, and prepare accounting data for further analysis using data analytics tools.
- Demonstrate competence in using data analytics tools such as Excel, Power BI and SPSS software to accounting analytics problems.
- Apply visualisation techniques to interpret and communicate the results of accounting related analysis.
- Apply statistical techniques to examine company and industry trends and unusual patterns in accounting data, interpret and communicate the results to appropriate audiences.