The theory and application of why and how optimal corporate financial decisions are made. Designed to prepare students to develop leadership skills necessary for making value-changing financial decisions that maximise firm value.
|Paper title||Fundamentals of Corporate Finance|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$863.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,276.80|
- (BSNS 102 or BSNS 112) and (BSNS 107 or BSNS 115) and (BSNS 108 or BSNS 114) (each passed with a grade of at least C+)
- ACFI 201, ACCT 213, FINC 201
- Schedule C
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Dr Tu Nguyen
- Paper Structure
- This paper is designed to prepare students to develop leadership skills necessary to make value-changing financial decisions that maximise firm value.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials.
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance 3rd Edition, by Jonathan Berk, Peter DeMarzo, and Jarrad Harford, ISBN: 9781488607028 (2014).
- Course outline
- View the course outline for FINC 206
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Ability to analyse firm financial statements
- Evaluate financial decisions using tools based on the time value of money
- Apply different valuation techniques to shares and bonds
- Use capital budgeting to identify optimal investment decisions
- Develop the skills to conduct firm valuation
- Conduct analysis on firm long-term financing in the form of equity and debt
- Evaluate firm capital structure and payout policy
- Have the ability to understand and evaluate mergers and acquisitions
Additional Information for FINC 206
Additional Information Further information about teaching staff, tutorial times, assessment details, reading lists and learning objectives is available in the PDF below.
Download Course Outline for FINC206 (PDF 558 KB)