Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

 University Staff ID Card


Dunedin Campus

All full time staff are required to obtain a University Staff ID Card. Administration of the cards is the responsibility of the office of the Director of Student Services. Your card provides identification that you are a staff member, allows you to use the University Libraries (when you use the Library for the first time your card will be registered) and after hours access to designated areas. If you require after hours building access, your department will make the necessary arrangements with Security Services.

Cards are processed in the ID Card Office in Information Services building, next to the Student Information Centre.

The hours of operation are 9am to 5pm during semester time but may vary outside the semester period. Please check by contacting the ID Card Office on 479 5330 or the Director's Office, Student Services, 479 5752.

ID cards are available only after a Payroll number has been generated and that data has been transferred to the ID Card Office. A Payroll number can only be produced once your department has sent all required paper work to Payroll Services. You are advised to telephone the ID Card Office, on 479 5330, to find out if the data is available to enable them to make your card.

When you go to the ID Card Office to get your photo taken for your ID Card please take with you one of the following: your NZ driver's licence, passport, 18+ Card or NZ Firearms Licence for verification. Only one of these forms of identification will be accepted by the ID card Office. The new ID Card will be processed and produced immediately.
More information on staff ID cards is available here


The categories of staff card available are:

  • Staff
  • Research Staff
  • Contractor
  • Foundation Studies Staff
  • Otago University Language Centre Staff
  • Research Staff
  • Centre for Innovation


Other Campuses

Staff off the Dunedin campus should refer to the ID Card homepage on how to obtain a Staff ID card.

Please note that building access will need to be arranged with the appropriate person on your campus.