|Category||Marketing and Communication|
|Approved by||Vice-Chancellor, June 2003|
|Date Policy Took Effect||1 July 2003|
|Last approved revision|
|Sponsor||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement)|
|Responsible officer||Director, Marketing Services|
This policy determines the management of the graphical use of the University's Brand through publications, car livery, signage or any other visual element.
This Policy applies University-wide.
1. Use of the Brand
- Control over the visual expression of the University of Otago brand is vested in the Vice-Chancellor. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement) manages the use of the Brand on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor. This covers:
- Graphical expression of the words “University of Otago,” “Otago University.”
- Corporate colours
- University logo - crest mounted in white frame
- The relationship of the Brand with other design elements.
- University of Otago Brand Guide
- The University of Otago branding policy and procedures is described in detail in the “University of Otago Brand Guide.”
- All use of the Brand must comply with the University of Otago Brand Guide.
- The University of Otago Brand Guide is produced by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement).
- All decisions on whether or not use of the Brand complies with the University of Otago Brand Guide will be made by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement).