The University of Otago is committed to the well-being of children and young people and the protection of at-risk and vulnerable children.
The University’s Child Protection Policy:
- provides guidance for staff and students who become aware of child abuse or neglect in the course of their University work, and
- prescribes Children's Act-compliant safety checking requirements for staff, students and other University representatives who work with children or young people (aged under 18 years) in the context of particular regulated services.
- Departmental responsibilities under the University’s Child Protection Policy
- Information for students who need to be safety checked as part of their studies
- Information for staff who need to be safety checked to carry out their University role
- Information about safety checking requirements in relation to research involving children
- What to do if you become aware of possible child abuse or neglect