Medical Class of 1965 Reunion
Registration is now open for the Medical class of 1965 reunion being held in Napier in 2020. If you haven't received an invitation please email email@example.com to receive information on registering.
Wednesday evening, 11 March, from 5:30pm
- Welcome and reception at the Conference Centre on the Marine Parade with a powhiri, a buffet meal and short presentations.
Thursday morning, 12 March
- An overland trip to Cape Kidnappers by bus to see the world’s largest onshore colony of gannets.
- The bus leaves from the back door of the Te Pania Hotel at 8:45am, goes through Haumoana and Te Awanga and drives up to the birds.
- A “bus boil-up” morning tea is served during the Cape Kidnappers part of the trip which will take about three hours.
- There are no “official toilet stops” on the Cape but there are facilities at the Te Awanga Headquarters.
- The bus gets back to the Te Pania Hotel at 12:25pm.
Thursday afternoon, 12 March
- A private Art Deco walk from 4pm for an hour; cost $40
- The office is a block back from the Marine Parade.
Thursday evening, 12 March
- Free time. There are many good places to eat nearby, In Napier and around Bluff Hill in Ahuriri.
Friday morning, 13 March
A choice of:
- A coach ride through to Havelock North to Birdwoods for Morning tea in the sculpture garden, leaving Te Pania at 10am. The coach ride returns through the vineyards north of Hastings to the Otatara Pa Historic Reserve, one of the oldest, outstanding defensive and settlement complexes in NZ.
- A winery trip to the Mission Estate for the history and wine tasting from 10am then on to Church Road Winery for lunch.
- Your own arrangements to enjoy the Bay:
- Art Deco walks through the day
- an architectural tour through Havelock North
- vintage car rides
- cycles from a shop on the beach next to the Conference Centre and paths to Ahuriri and Te Awanga
- a spa and swimming pool beside the Centre
- private wine tours www.worldofwinetours.co.nz and www.baytours.co.nz
- three local golf courses
- The National Aquarium on the Marine Parade.
- The Horse of the Year Show is at the Hastings Showgrounds.
- Dinner at the Masonic Hotel, 6:30pm for 7pm with entertainment from local artists.
|Date||Wednesday, 11 March 2020 - Saturday, 14 March 2020|
|Time||All Day Event|
|Event Category||Alumni Events|