Wednesday 3 July 2019 2:08pm
Fri 25 – Mon 28 October 2019, Dunedin
We're having an OUSA Exec and Life Members 1970s - 2000s reunion! You are welcome to attend all or some of the weekend!
Following on from the terrific recent OUSA Exec 1960s reunion, we're having a reunion for OUSA Exec and Life Members from 1970 onwards (1950s and 1960s Exec are of course welcome to join us!).
We’ll celebrate our OUSA's achievements, and those of the University.
This year marks the University's 150th Anniversary, and it's a great reason for us to get together to celebrate, socialise and reminisce.
It's going to be a fabulous weekend, full of nostalgia, reconnection, and planning for the future.
You are invited. We'll be in touch next week with the exact date. In the meantime, please spread the word.
We'd love you to join us!
The programme will be full of great events, and will include:
- Tours and social get-togethers in OUSA facilities
- A Debate!
- An open discussion on "OUSA: Where to from here?"
- Drinks at the local student pub, and then on to other great Dunedin bars
- Lunch at the Captain Cook
- Great live music
- Tours and coffee in the Clocktower
- Motivational speeches to first year students in Colleges (Halls): Let's inspire them about OUSA's real power and potential!
- A presentation morning to share impressive, outrageous and funny memories
- Radio, Critic and podcast interviews for those who are interested.
We're also looking for more ideas!
Tell us what you want to do when you come back to reunite at your OUSA reunion.
Contact us with ideas
Do you want to help organise or steer this OUSA reunion?
You're welcome on board! We're looking for others to join us organising this very special get-together.
Partners and children are welcome.
- Partners will enjoy all of the activities.
- If you want to bring children for a fun weekend in Dunedin, it's a special opportunity to show children the campus and share stories about your University days.
- Children will be welcome at some of the reunion events. Organised and supervised activities for children are available, while parents are at reunion activities.
- There is a babysitting agency that offers babysitting services in your hotel room - and some of the babysitters are qualified teachers.
Your next steps:
- Register here!
- Spread the word.
Please help us
If you or your friends were on the OUSA Exec, please tell us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us when you or your friends were on the Exec.
We’ll record on the database that you were on the Exec and then you’ll receive all future invitations to OUSA celebrations. There has been no official, ongoing record of who has been on the OUSA Exec. We need Exec to help us spread the word!