Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper constitutes the MSc preparation paper and comprises a third of the workload at 400-level. The student will undertake a research project in an area of interest to them under the guidance of a selected supervisor. The submitted ANAT 495 thesis will present the research project together with a supporting literature review. It is expected that work conducted in this paper will be further developed during a subsequent MSc thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,661.63|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,681.50|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Anatomy Office
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel: 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- Each student has a different member of the Department's academic staff act as their supervisor. There are no set teaching staff.
- There are no textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who complete the paper will be able to successfully undertake a research project and, thus, demonstrate the ability to master the required methodological procedures, to analyse experimental data and to interpret those findings in the context of the relevant literature. This paper provides the opportunity to develop independent learning, self-motivation and good written communication skills.