Biomaterials research lead
Associate Professor Azam Ali, biomaterials science and engineering
- Professor Mauro Farella, dental biomaterials and implantable medical devices
- Dr Jaydee Cabral, medical hydrogels, regenerative medicine, 3D bioprinting
- Professor George Dias, bone substitutes and bone tissue engineering
- Associate Professor Stephen Moratti, medical gels
- Dr Khoon Lim, hydrogel biomaterials and 3D bioprinting
- Dr Maree Gould, dental biomaterials
- Professor Karl Lyons, restorative dental biomaterials
- Associate Professor Rajesh Katare, therapeutic biomaterials including miRNA, Wound care, Cardiac ECM
- Dr Andrew Clarkson, neural tissue regeneration and soft tissues regeneration
- Dr Michelle McConnell, antimicrobial biomaterials and in vitro / in vivo evaluation
- Associate Professor Yusuf Cakmak, Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy, and Brain Health Research Centre. His research focuses on the neuromodulation of internal organs and the brain structures to modulate their functions and blood flow.
- Dr Shakila Rizwan, Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, and Brain Health Research Centre. Her Research focuses on biomaterials, formulation and physicochemical characterisation of lipid and polymer-based nano- and microparticle drug carriers system.
Imaging research lead
Professor Anthony Butler (Radiology, Christchurch)
- Professor Phil Butler (Physics and Astronomy, Canterbury, Project leader)
- Associate Professor Steven Gieseg (Biological Sciences, Canterbury)
- Dr David Krofcheck (Physics, Auckland)
- Dr Nanette Schleich (Radiation Therapy, Otago)
- Professor Tim Woodfield (Bioengineering, Otago)
- Dr Nadia Mitchell (Bioengineering, Otago)
- Dr Niels de Ruiter (Bioengineering, Otago)
- Dr Aamir Raja (Bioengineering, Otago)
- Dr Mahdieh Moghiseh (Bioengineering, Otago)
Point-of-care research lead
Associate Professor Yusuf Ozgur Cakmak, Wearables, mHealth and non-contact systems.
- Associate Professor Max Berry, Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Associate Professor Jeremiah Deng, Information Science
- Senior Lecturer Mei Peng
- Associate Professor Paul Teal, PHySIC
- Associate Professor Shieak Tzeng, Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia (Wellington)
The team, led from University of Otago Christchurch campus, consists of mechanical engineers, clinicians, process engineers, mathematicians and surgeons.
Regenerative medicine research lead
Professor Tim Woodfield (Orthopaedics, Christchurch)
- Dr Khoon Lim (CReaTE, Research Fellow)
- Dr Gabriella Lindberg (CReaTE, Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Dr Steven Cui (Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Dr Caroline Murphy (Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Dr Cesar Alcala Orozco (Postdoctoral Fellow)
- Professor Anthony Butler (Radiology, Christchurch)
A large number of postgraduate students have worked alongside our researchers to achieve their qualifications.
Visit our Regenerative Medicine students page.
- Peter Hilton, (Otago and Christchurch, Bioengineering)