In this talk I will provide an overview of domains of ethical complexity based on 10 years of case referrals to the Children’s Bioethics Centre at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne.
The domains include:
- Clinical team uncertainty about appropriate care pathway
- Parents disagreeing with treating team’s recommendation
- Family members disagreeing with one another about treatment
- Adolescent disagreeing with treating team’s recommendation
- Child resisting treatment
I will also discuss ethics concepts and frameworks we have found to be most useful to assist clinicians to identify and frame these ethical challenges, and to deliberate on ways to address them.
|Date||Monday, 30 July 2018|
|Time||1:00pm - 2:00pm|
|Event Category||Health Sciences|
|Location||Bioethics Centre |
71 Frederick Street
|Contact Phone||+64 3 471 6120|