Disability assessment; workplace assessment; communication, consultation, and negotiation; risk assessment and risk communication; funding and management of occupational health; occupational medicine and the law; research and medical informatics in occupational medicine; setting up and running an occupational medicine programme; quality assurance in occupational medicine.
|Paper title||Managing Occupational Medicine|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021, expected to be offered in 2022 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
Course Director: Dr Rob Griffiths
- Paper Structure
- Additional Paper for the Postgraduate
Diploma in Occupational Medicine (PGDipOccMed).
Part of the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed)) programmes.
- Teaching Arrangements
This is a fully distance-taught paper and is taught in even years in the first semester.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The goal of this paper is to provide core competencies in how to manage occupational health services directed at a wide range of hazards and a wide range of settings. It takes a broad definition of occupational medicine to include disability assessment, medical legal work, workers compensation and environmental health.