Our School of Biomedical Sciences is a leader in research-informed teaching. We have many award-winning staff who are committed to providing you with a world-class educational experience that delivers significant advantages in career opportunities.
You have a range of options to explore and combine to build what works for you.
Our undergraduate programmes are three-year bachelors' degrees. Depending on your major (main topic), your degree could be a:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc)
A degree from the School of Biomedical Sciences can lead you to the job you’ve always wanted.
As well as providing a gateway to professional programmes offered by the University of Otago such as medicine and dentistry, a degree from the School of Biomedical Sciences opens up a wide range of study and employment opportunities throughout the world. Our graduates are working in a diverse range of occupations from cancer research scientists to policy analysts with the Health Research Council and almost any career you can think of in between.
Subjects you can study with the School of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Otago.
- Biomedical Sciences Programme
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences qualification (BBiomedSc)
- Health Sciences First Year website
- Study Anatomy at Otago
- Study Biochemistry at Otago
- Study Genetics at Otago
- Study Infection and Immunity at Otago
- Study Microbiology at Otago
- Study Molecular Biotechnology at Otago
- Study Neuroscience at Otago
- Study Pharmacology at Otago
- Study Physiology at Otago
- Study Plant Biotechnology at Otago
More subjects you can study at Otago
Visit Student support for information about scholarships, staff and peer support.