Wednesday, 25 November 2015
The recent "Big Data and Organisational Performance" symposium hosted by the Otago Business School's Centre for Organisational Performance Measurement and Management (COPMM) has been declared a great success, according to COPMM Chair, Professor Ralph Adler.
"We had about 85 people attend the symposium from within the university and from local businesses keen to learn more about Big Data and its potential influence on organisational performance.
"I've received several positive comments following the symposium and during the tea break about the relevance of the topic and the quality of the presenters. I'm pleased we were able to put on an event that hit the mark for these people and showcased different perspectives on how Big Data is helpful in different ways and areas."
- Ben Kelleher - Head of Strategy for ANZ New Zealand
- Tina MacLean - Head of Information and Insights, ANZ
- David Rutherford - Chief Commissioner and Chief Executive, Human Rights Commission
- James Mansell - Founder, New Zealand Data Alliance
- Hank Wolfe - Associate Professor, Department of Information Science, Otago Business School