Wednesday, 15 January 2020
ACFI 299, Special Topic: Introduction to Accounting Analytics is a new paper that aims to address the growing demand for skills in using Excel and data analytics software in the accounting profession.
Students will learn how to provide different views on a firm’s financial data. This is a great option for those doing a minor in Accounting or Finance.
Some of the key benefits of the paper include:
- Develop skills that employers are looking for
- Plenty of hands-on learning experience (computer lab classes)
- Get to know and improve Excel skills
- Exposure to emerging data analytics software including Power BI to create visualisations
- Exposure to big data and access to the S&P Capital IQ platform
- Exposure to statistical tools to do basic financial analyses
All work is internally assessed and there is no final exam.
The paper will be offered in semester 2 only in 2020.
Prerequisites are BSNS 112 and ACCT 102 (C+ minimum is not required). ACFI 299 does not count towards the Accounting major.
ACFI299: prerequisites, restrictions, fees and timetables, course outline and more