- Saturday 28 April, 2018 - 2nd Business Case Competition
- Saturday 14 July, 2018 - 3rd Business Case Competition
Please see below for further information on the Case Competition
Competing teams are provided with a hypothetical business problem to solve. It may be a company which needs help launching a product, a company which is about to go into liquidation, or a company which has international connections but hasn't reached its full global potential.
Team members are given four hours to devise a strategy, before presenting their solution to a panel of judges. The competition is generally held over the course of a day, and the best strategy wins the competition.
The Business Case Competition is a fantastic opportunity for students to demonstrate higher level skills in business, while having fun! Specifically, taking part in the Business Case Competition is:
- A proven method of improving analytical, critical and communication skills
- A proven to be a serious CV item attractive to prospective employers
- Great for social interaction – meet new friends
A team comprises up to four students– most teams have four people. The best approach to selecting team members is to think of the skills that you might need to address a business situation (for example finance, marketing, management, accounting and presentation skills), then find the people with those skills.
For further information on all Otago Business Case Competitions contact:
- Dr Sergio Biggemann (03 479 8467)