There are many reasons to study business at the University of Otago, but in the end it comes down to one thing: a high quality education that will enable you to achieve your career goals.
Best of the best
The Otago Business School has a reputation for excellence in research and teaching. We offer a wide range of study options, from undergraduate to executive level. We also hold international accreditation with two agencies, affirming the quality and relevance of our programmes in the global arena, as well as:
- We are New Zealand's leading business school for research (PBRF Quality Evaluation 2018). We are ranked #1 for research in New Zealand. Many of our departments are also leaders in their study area – Management, Information Science, Marketing, Tourism, Economics, and Accountancy and Finance
- Awarded 5 stars plus, the highest possible international quality ranking (QS Stars Rating)
- Based on recent research 95% of Otago Business School students are satisfied with their course and quality of study. (2018 Otago Graduate Opinion Survey)
- The School is one of only five World Leisure Organisation centres of excellence in the world and the only one in the Pacific region
- Our MBA is ranked #1 in New Zealand and it is the only New Zealand university ranked in QS 2019 global MBA rankings (QS Online MBA rankings 2019 #13, CEO Magazine Global Online MBA Rankings 2019 #3, QS Global MBA Rankings 2019 Top NZ MBA)
- The Otago Business School is in the top 1% of business schools in the world and is accredited by two leading international organisations: EQUIS and AACSB
- Three of the last five Young New Zealanders of the Year studied at the Otago Business School. In 2018 and 2019 two Master of Entrepreneurship graduates were recipients.
- The School offers both undergraduate and postgraduate subjects, with ultra-flexible study options
- 95% of Otago graduates go into work or onto further study
- Our Internship Programme offers valuable paid work experience