Why you should study at the Otago Business School
At Otago Business School, we believe business has a big role to play in a better future.
Otago Business School is one of the first schools worldwide to adopt the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Force for good
We believe all businesses can be a force for good.
The Otago Business School is a force for good through teaching subjects that matter, conducting research that is making an impact on the future of business, government, and the world we live in and engaging with the community to help shape the future.
We are committed to doing whatever we can to help make the business world a force for good, from ensuring sustainability through to working with communities to help create better futures.
Doing the right thing
Here at the Otago Business School you will discover that when you go about business the right way, it can also make the world a better place. It’s not jut about profits for shareholders, it’s also about being socially responsible with outcomes that are more than financial.
Make a difference
Our approach is about encouraging businesses to work closely with communities to create better futures for everyone.
Surrounded by world-renowned lecturers and immersed in world-leading research, you truly are part of a world-class business hub.
If you want a career that matters, the Otago Business School will give you the skills and knowledge you need to make a difference when it comes to what you believe in.
Best of the best
The Otago Business School has a reputation for excellence in research and teaching. We offer a wide range of study options, from undergraduate to executive level. We also hold international accreditation with two agencies, affirming the quality and relevance of our programmes in the global arena, as well as:
- We are New Zealand's leading business school for research (PBRF Quality Evaluation 2018). We are ranked #1 for research in New Zealand. Many of our departments are also leaders in their study area – Management, Information Science, Marketing, Tourism, Economics, and Accountancy and Finance
- Awarded 5 stars plus, the highest possible international quality ranking (QS Stars Rating)
- Based on recent research 95% of Otago Business School students are satisfied with their course and quality of study. (2018 Otago Graduate Opinion Survey)
- The School is one of only five World Leisure Organisation centres of excellence in the world and the only one in the Pacific region
- Our MBA is ranked #1 in New Zealand and it is the only New Zealand university ranked in QS 2021 global MBA rankings (QS Online MBA rankings 2020 #10, CEO Magazine Global Online MBA Rankings 2020 #5, QS Global MBA Rankings 2021 Top NZ MBA)
- The Otago Business School is in the top 1% of business schools in the world and is accredited by two leading international organisations: EQUIS and AACSB
- Three of the last five Young New Zealanders of the Year studied at the Otago Business School. In 2018 and 2019 two Master of Entrepreneurship graduates were recipients.
- The School offers both undergraduate and postgraduate subjects, with ultra-flexible study options
- 95% of Otago graduates go into work or onto further study
- Our Internship Programme offers valuable paid work experience