15 August, 2018, 9:20- 2:30. CQ Hotel Wellington, 233 Cuba Street, Wellington
The purpose of this event is to facilitate informed discussion around the new Positive Ageing Strategy and contemplate the role of a Constitution for Older New Zealanders.
A number of excellent guest speakers and panelists have been lined up from around New Zealand.
The event is FREE, but numbers are limited and registration is required. Please email email@example.com
9:20- 9:45 Registration.
Tea and coffee available.
9:50 Mihi Whakatau
10-11:00 Highlighting the less visible ageing topics
- Home, security and forced choice
Dr Kay Saville-Smith, Director, Centre for Research, Evaluation and Social Assessment
- Social citizenship: foregrounding people’s rights to intimacy & sexual expression.
Dr Catherine Cook, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, Massey University
- 'Developing respect for a toxic friend’: Working with our drinking elderly.
Chris Sinclair, Nurse Specialist - 65Alive AOD Service for Seniors, Odyssey House
- “I wouldn’t want my grandchildren or daughters to see me at a stage where I’m not the person that they always remember me as”. Older New Zealanders’ views on assisted dying.
AP Phillipa Malpas, Associate Professor in Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Auckland
11-12:00 Update on the Positive Ageing Strategy, followed by Workshop Session:
What should the new positive ageing strategy look like?
12-12:45 Light lunch, provided
12:45-2:15 Panel Discussion: Merits or otherwise of NZ adopting a Constitution for Older New Zealanders
Facilitator: Facilitator: AP Yoram Barak, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Consultant Psychogeriatrician, University of Otago.
• Ms Iris Reuvecamp, Principal -Vida Law
• Dr Judith Davey, Senior Associate, Institute of Governance & Policy Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
• Ms Penny Mudford, National Chair, Rural Women New Zealand
• Dr Phil Wood, Chief Advisor, Health of Older People at Ministry of Health
• Ria Earp, Ria Earp Consulting
For those who are coming in from out of town, the following offer is available through CQ Hotels Wellington, our venue.
In the Comfort Hotel - Double / King Split rooms. $143.oo x1 per night, including full buffet breakfast
In the Quality Hotel - Twin Queen Suites available. $186.00 B&Bx1 per room, per night
The offer code is OTAGO18, phone or email directly to book.