Read our Interview Skills booklet (PDF, 253KB) and build confidence for your next interview.
Read CareersNZ’s Job Hunters’ eBook for tips on finding employment in the digital age – and learn how to turn rejection into successful job hunting.
Seminars on interview skills
Our career advisers run seminars and workshops on interview skills and techniques throughout the year. Visit OtagoCareerHub for information about upcoming sessions.
Do you have a video interview coming up, and are looking for a suitable space? You are welcome to use the computer in our seminar room - but please check its availability first. You can also practice for your upcoming interview using InterviewStream.
Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. It's a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
How to register for Big Interview
Here is the info to set up your Big Interview account:
STEP 1: Go to Otago's Big Interview registration page and click "Register".
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email at your SCHOOL email address. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.