The Otago Career Ambassador programme aims to further develop skills in the areas of leadership, self-awareness, career knowledge, project management and interpersonal skills.
The programme is suited to all students interested in developing their professional career.
Students will work closely with the team at the Career Development Centre to promote and help facilitate career activities for Otago students and to enhance their own employability skills.
The programme also provides an opportunity for personal growth, career-related training, and mentoring.
Through a series of workshops, self-evaluation and project-based tasks, students will be eligible to graduate from the programme. The participants of the Otago Career Ambassador Programme will be willing and motivated students in their final year of study who see the value of further developing their employability and are willing to share that with other students.
The programme structure provides opportunity for students to initiate and execute a project to listen and respond to students.
Become a Career Ambassador
Registrations will be open in the first week of semester 1.
The Career Development Centre needs a new kind of energy. Yours, for example.
We’re looking for Career Ambassadors like this!
- Postgraduate students, or students in their final year of their undergraduate programme
- Students who are wanting to further develop their employability skills
- Students who have had work experience and are happy to share their experiences with other students
- Students who can juggle their time well
- Students who are passionate in their areas of study
- Students who want to help others become more employable
What does the programme involve?
- Attending a series of online workshops presentations
- Co-hosting events with the Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
- Each student will be assigned a mentor who has graduated with a similar degree
- Working on a project to help students become more aware of CDC services
- Finally, we have lots of fun!!
For more information and to apply, please contact: